Monday, July 9, 2012

Beatrix Potter Would Have Loved It


Yesterday morning I was standing at my living room window when a little kerfuffle (sp?) in the front yard caught my eye.   There amidst our oak and maple trees were two little grey squirrels, having the time of their lives!  They were wrestling in my front yard.  Now I have lived in this part of the country for a long time and have seen
more than my fair share of these furry rodents.  But I've always kind of hated them, to be honest.  Especially when they decided to eat the ready-to-burst buds off my tulips last spring.  But seeing them frolic around like two good buddies on a breezy summer day has changed my mind a little.  Maybe they're a teensy weensy bit cute after all.  Just leave my tulips alone.

2 comments:

  1. You're sure they were just frolicking, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched very carefully for risque behaviour, but from all appearances they were having good, wholesome "friend" fun. Heehee :))

    ReplyDelete