Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's the little things in life...

It's a beautiful clear Saturday morning and my heart is full. John snuck into Benji's room this morning and woke him up with the words this little 7-year-old has been dying to hear.
"Wanna go fishing, buddy?"
When the little things so often mean the most, why does it take such an effort to do them? I seriously don't know. When all my daughter wants to do is make a raspberry cheesecake with me, is it just my pure laziness that has kept me from it? When our fourteen year old son has been asking to watch the newest action movie for three weeks now, why does it take so long for us to get around to it?
The little things: going for a bike ride together, playing Wii Sports as a family, working on the scrapbook we started last month, baking cookies or playing a board game. These are the kinds of things I want to do with my kids.
And from the look on Benji's face this morning and the spring in his step, it seems the kids are pretty pumped about the little things, too!

2 comments:

  1. And a thousand little things make a huge difference. Thanks for the thought Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate this reminder ... thanks Steph! Thank you for sharing your gift of the written word ... keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete